Welcome to Smile McLean! Dr. Farahi and our whole team are happy to have you as a patient. We work with a number of dental insurance providers to help make your care as affordable as possible. Learn about the dental insurance we accept and how you can make the most of your insurance benefits below. Questions regarding your eligibility? Please don’t hesitate to contact our office for verification of your benefits!
Understand Your Dental Insurance Benefits
Navigating your dental insurance plan can be confusing, but it couldn’t be more important for you to understand your benefits. Make the most of your investment by taking some time to get to know your specific plan.
Some common vocabulary related to dental insurance includes:
- In-network: The companies your dentist’s office has contracted with to provide certain dental treatments at a predetermined rate.
- Out-of-network: Insurance companies that your dental office has not contracted with for dental care. Some out-of-network PPO (Preferred Provider Organization) insurance plans may still be eligible for coverage.
- Premium: The amount you pay every month in exchange for your benefits. Generally, higher premiums make you eligible for bigger discounts and more dental services.
- Deductible: The share of costs you are expected to pay before your insurance takes effect.
- Annual maximum: The maximum amount of money your dental insurance will pay towards your dental care every year.
- Copay: The amount of money you may be required to pay upon receiving your dental services.
Maximizing Your Investment
The best way to make the most out of your dental insurance is by understanding exactly what benefits you are eligible for. In general, dental insurance companies completely cover your preventive care — including a checkup and cleaning every six months. Restorative treatments like fillings, root canal treatment, and extractions may be discounted or covered, too. Some insurance plans will even help you pay for select cosmetic treatments. Find out what you are eligible for through your insurance by calling your provider, checking online, or consulting your employer’s human resources office (for employer-provided plans).
Our In-Network Insurance Providers
McLean Smiles is happy to be in-network with the following dental insurance providers.
Contact Us to Learn More
Please contact our office to find out exactly what kind of benefits you are eligible for through your dental insurance plan. Even if your provider is not listed here, you may still benefit from discounted dental care. Contact us to discuss your insurance benefits and how you can make the most out of your plan today!